As a school we play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. We have regular contact with children and so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
As a school we can safeguard children by:
- creating safe environments for children through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children about staying safe
- Creating and maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Rochdale Safeguarding Children Partnership
Rochdale Borough Multi-agency Safeguarding Children Partnership has three key partners: the Local Authority, the Police and the Clinical Commissioning Group. The partnership has a child centred and co-ordinated approach with a focus on continuous improvement where safeguarding is "everyone's business" and children and their families are supported by flexible and responsive services at the right time.
Click on the link below to access Rochdale Safeguarding Children Partnership website
For the full Shawclough Community Primary School Safeguarding policy please click on the PDF below