What do Governors do?
The Governors are the people who are responsible for running the school.
Their main duties are to:
- Make sure your child gets a broad and balanced education
- Decide how the school budget should be spent
- Monitor the standards being achieved
- Choose and employ staff
- Look after the buildings and the grounds
Parent/Staff - elected by parents/staff of the school
Co-opted/Community/Partnership - by Governing Body/Academy Sponsors
Foundation - by Diocese/PCC/Trust Board
Local Authority - nominated by LA - appointed by Governing Body
Headteacher - ex-officio whilst in post
Member Appointed Governor (Academy LGB) - Academy Trust Board
Sponsor (Academy) - Academy Sponsors
How can you get involved?
Anyone can come along to the Governors' meeting. We meet once a term and advertise the dates on the notice board at the main reception to the school. You can get the minutes from our meetings and copies of the papers we discuss from the school office or at the meeting.
What work are the Governors doing?
As well as the usual work of supporting the running of the school the Governors had a number of specific jobs. For example they:
- Monitored the curriculum of the school
- Monitored the homework policy
- Reviewed the Home/School Agreement
- Implemented the Goverment's new laws on pay
- Monitored the school budget
- Monitored curriculum changes
Governor Delegation - Committees
The Governors are divided into committees the remit for these committees are in the link below:
List of Governors
Click on the pdf below to see The Governor List:
Chair of the Governing Body: Lindsay Torrance (Head Teacher Castleton Primary School)
Castleton Primary School
Hill Crest Road
We want to hear your views on what we discuss. If you have any comments please get in touch.
How to get in touch
Come and talk to us if you or your child have any questions or comments about school. If you want to contact a Governor:
- Talk with the parent or teacher governors in school
- Call into the office and make an appointment to speak with one of the governors
- Write to any or all of the governors at the school address